mardi 16 novembre 2010

July 6 1904- Lady Augusta Bracknell
Joalie Jenkins

Since 10 years, there are not a lot of things that changed in my life. I'm still a classy woman of the upper-class who continues to be very selective regarding people in whom I am seen with. What would others say if I were seen with the lower-class? I still don't want my reputation to be sullied even though I'm growing odler every day. Since I’m going old, I found it was a good idea to start to write my memories in a diary, so the next generation will be able to know me better when I'm gone.

Speaking of growing older, I just became grandmother. I really appreciate the twins of my dear Gwendolene and her husband John or Ernest... I hope those two little boys will make me proud and that they will be able to preserve the reputation of our family. If they do well, their future will be filled with wealth and welfare, which is so important. I also became a great-aunt. My nephew Algernon had babies with dear Cecily. Knowing that the name of our family is now going to be perpetuate, I can die calmly.

Since July 6 1984, I heve reconnected with the ex governess of the Bracknell family, Miss Prism. Because she’s now the governess of my nephew’s children, I have no choice but to accept her invitations to take tea and cucumber sandwiches…But don’t worry, I’m not meeting her in public. Even though she’s a respectable governess, she’s not part of the upper-class.

I will stop here for today. It has been a pleasure,

Good night.

Old Lady Bracknell.

1 commentaire: