mardi 23 novembre 2010

July 6, 1904

Dear Diary,

It has been ten years now since we found out that my dear husband Ernest was Algernon's brother. They still are very close with each other, maybe a little too much. They go out, drink a lot and Algernon spends a lot of times with ladies... My husband disapproves, of course, but comes back home when there are too many women. Ernest still loves smoking, which is probably the only occupation approved by Lady Bracknell. Personnaly, I have tea with cecily a few times per week, but she's now really preoccupied with her fifth child. The poor thing doesn't realise that, by killing two children, she'll have three and will have to suffer another pregnancy. The others are usually playing with my two 6 years-old boys. I just got back to my normal weight and that is exactly why I didn't want children. But Mr. Chasuble was very insistent. We also needed an heir for the Townhouse and the country one. I have no idea what this country house looks like today: I never leave London. We also did a lot of work on the Townhouse, so our side of the street is now the fashionable one, which pleased Mum especially.

Gwendolen Moncrieff

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire